How we work with Solicitors
Our panel solicitors work closely with us at CHG over a broad range of products. They provide support and input to both applicants and HBA staff ensuring a smooth process with timely positive outcomes.
The solicitors' role is to provide thorough and comprehensive legal advice and services to applicants across a wide array of products. Ensuring they are looking after the interests of the client, as well as the Catalyst Housing.
Responsibilities of a Panel Solicitor
- To provide clear legal advice to applicants
- Work towards timely completions whilst adhering to timeframes set out by Catalyst Housing
- To inform Catalyst Housing of any changes in the purchase/sale.
- Ensure all documents are verified and if required forwarded to Catalyst Housing.
- To inform the Catalyst Housing of any change in circumstance that may affect the client's application.
- To manage to expectations of the client in relation to timescales and processes.
- To attend HomeBuy Shows/ Viewings and any other Events put on by the CATALYST HOUSING.
Applicants can appoint both Panel and Non Panel solicitors to act on their behalf in the transaction. However, we provide details of our panel solicitors to applicants upon their initial application as we are able to recommend them for all schemes. This is due to the experience our panel solicitors have gained throughout our working relationship allowing them to meet the responsibilities outlined above. We are able to build and maintain a good working relationship with our panel Solicitors and due to this we are able to potentially provide them with new business.
Not currently registered? Interested in joining our panel?
Firms wishing to join Catalyst Housing's panel should put their request in writing including the following information:
- Affordable homeownership industry expertise
- Affordable homeownership industry experience
- Size and scope of operation
- Area of operation
- Current work and links to RSL/public sector bodies
Requests should be made in writing to:
Business Development and Marketing
26-30 Uxbridge Road
Catalyst's panel of IFAs and Solicitors is reviewed on an annual basis at the start of the financial year. We reserve the right to review our panel at our discretion.
Please note where we already have an adequate number of providers in a specific geographical area we are not likely to accept additional providers.